.uk Registrar systems
At a glance
- We have published information relating to changes to processes and technical systems for .uk
- We have two systems for registrars to register and manage .uk domain names
- You have access to Web Domain Manager through your online account
- Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) is an XML based system over an SSL secure connection to our server
- These systems are all free of charge for providing registrar services in accordance with our registrar agreement
We have a number of systems available to registrars to assist with the registration and management of domain names. All of these systems are available free of charge for providing registrar services in accordance with our registrar agreement. Each of these systems has their own key strengths in terms of speed and functionality. Registrars can use either or both of these systems to register and manage domain names. The table below highlights differences in system functionality:
Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
EPP is an XML, client-server protocol based system for registering and managing domain names (over an SSL secure connection).
Web Domain Manager
Web Domain Manager is a browser based online interface for registering and managing domain names. You can access it through your online account
Online Service is our web based account management system for members, registrars and registrants. It allows account holders to manage the services that they subscribe to such as credit accounts, registrar service, PRSS, DAC. For registrants it provides access to functions including registrar change, registrant transfer and cancellation.
Additionally, our database structure is the key element in system integration and development.
|Domain management tool operations||EPP||Web domain manager|
|Handshake for registrar change||Y||Y|