EPP for .uk
At a glance
- We have published information relating to changes to processes and technical systems for .uk
- Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) is a method of registering and maintaining domain names where all communications use XML via a series of schemas
- Responses to commands are instant, so you can register a domain, get a response and confirm to your customer it has been registered in real time
- You can choose when to receive notifications we send you and be sure you have received them
- You will either need to write your own EPP client or buy one off the shelf
- EPP is not intended for an individual to type out an EPP command in the same way that you can with the Automaton
- Nominet EPP (our own implementation) has been removed as of 9 July 2013, from this date it will only be possible to use standard EPP as described in this section. Old documentation pages redirect to here.
Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) is a method of registering and maintaining domain names.