Registrar Agreement Overview
Please note that a new version of the Registrar Agreement will come into effect on 1 March 2016. You can find more detailed information about the new agreement here.
At a glance
- The Registrar Agreement is the contract between Nominet and a registrar
- The relationship between Nominet and registrants is governed by the Terms and Conditions of Domain Name Registration
- As a registrar you must make your customers aware of the contract they are entering into when they become a .uk domain name registrant
The Registrar Agreement covers how we expect registrars to behave in respect of our registration systems, commitments to registrants, the maintenance of data and our payment terms.
The full agreement with registrars consists of:
- The current Registrar Agreement
- The Data Quality Policy
- Credit and Payment Terms
- Our instructions on use of the registrar systems
- The acceptable use policies for our registrar systems: Automaton,Web Domain Manager and EPP systems
- The Definition and Interpretation Terms
- Our current Fee Schedule
- Terms and conditions logo - governing use of the Nominet contract logo
We also have a complaints procedure for registrants to use if they wish to complain about a registrar, or which a member or registrar can use if they wish to make us aware of another registrar who they believe to be in breach of the registrar agreement.